be a GOOGLE TREKKER!




I think everybody knows Google Maps and Street View and what a great tool it is. Usually one sees a Google Map Car mapping and taking pictures of the streets of our cities with a big tower strapped to the roof. Street View it's used for many things and I use it a lot. I don't know what I would do if Street View didn't exist.. For example;  When I don't know the phone numbre for a business place and I have failed to find it anywhere else, I go to Street View on Google Maps and check the sign outside the building. When I don't remember a place—Street View. To verify someone's address so I don't get scammed—Street view. You can use Street View from Google for many other things.

Nowadays, don't be surprised if you see someone carrying a Google Maps Car camera tower strapped to his/hers shoulders on your favourite trekking place.

Google Maps started some time ago mapping (take images in 360º) cool adventurous places where usually you only take your GoPro or personal camera. Like for example hikes on ridges or natural parks, canyoning down rivers, crossing desserts, rappelling from cliffs, snorkelling on beautiful coral reefs and many more places and situations.

Well today, I found out that you can actually Loan and wear a Street View camera tower on you and take it for a spin, so you can map a place in your city, parks or any other place in the planet that you think it's special or it should be shared for everybody on the Internet.











I think this is an amazing tool for a person who can't move from his/her home, it's difficult to experience a Natural Park, to travel, swim or trek. Now I think there will be more Google Maps Street View enthusiasts that will take you to a lot of places on Earth so you can pre-experience it. Still, this project it's on its early stages, so there are few places you can go right now and watch. But imagine all the new possibilities that this opens up. Now you can plan better your trip, you can look for amazing places and be prepared for the terrain, etc.

Like always, Google gives a new experience to the Internet and taking Street View to impossible places where some people or cars can't go. 

With Trekker Loan, you can also participate in the project....Sign up here.
Where would you take it? And what else you think this can be useful for? 

Comments