APEX Legends visual Improvements


My first little improvement for Apex Legends. 

Just some thoughts. 

I have am enjoying Apex Legends since launch, and I am having a blast; I am not good but having fun. I think this game have it all, it great, its fast, its multiplayer and AAA. I have been listening, reading and viewing reviews and nerfs comments from gamers, streamers about the game and they all have valid points respecting Gun damage, and Legends abilities, etc. I have been looking at 1 simple aspect of the game and that is the UI.
I play on PS4, not on computer, so my TV it's big, I have lots of visual real state to look at, being a UI & UX designer, and I believe I have spotted two improvements for now that I am pretty sure will change the game play. 

1- The HUD its too big. I have an example here of the moment when there are announcements in a video from ACULITE (Great player by the way) and I am no mathematician but I believe if we look at the actual active space in the screen, it's around 70% of the screen you can only see. SOLUTION: I believe there could be a setting of lowering the size of the HUD (I believe it's called that) so the UI it's not that big and you have more screen to view what really it's happening in the game. 




1- The HUD its too big. I have an example here of the moment when there are announcements in a video from ACULITE (Great player by the way) and I am no mathematician but I believe if we look at the actual active space in the screen, it's around 70% of the screen you can only see. 
SOLUTION: I believe there could be a setting of lowering the size of the HUD (I believe it's called that) so the UI it's not that big and you have more screen to view what really it's happening in the game. 


2- The Teammates player banner Size when down. I believe EA or Respawn DEV should look in to this one. When a teammate is down, the attacker might be on top of my teammate, near him or move to him. Ones reaction is to look that way and aim where the teammate is down, the attacker is on our teammate but one can't see it because of the banner. The banner gets on the way, and blocks the view of the attacker. SOLUTION: I believe DEV can apply a Padding around the banner so when the Attacker goes close to my teammate and in my screen the banner goes away and our teammate turns red. At that moment the important information I need on my screen is to see the opponent and shot him down and the banner it's getting on the way. I am pretty sure the Attacker will be down if we spot him more clearly with the Padding, or move away... so when that happens the banner size goes back to the size it's designed to be. 





Comments